Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- NJ Teen Accepted Into All 8 Ivies and Stanford
she recalled. â€œI think my love for poetry and writing just really stood out.â€ Sponsored Her proud parents, Andre and Patricia White-Thorpe, said they will leave the final decision up to the brilliant teen; granted, with the letters she has in front of ...
- Wisconsin College Student Suing Her Professor For Giving Her an F Because She Refused to Read Poems By LGBTQ Authors
Debates regarding freedom of speech and PC culture wars continue to be waged on campuses across the country. Unfortunately, differences of opinion occasionally dissolve into acts and threats of violence, as was the case this year when Milo Yiannopoulos and ...
- Andhra Teacher Beats Students With Slippers For Not Learning Poetry. Are Schools Safe Anymore?
With the ever-increasing crime rate, safety has become a major concern for Indian parents sending their kids to school. In a recent incident, a school teacher in Andhra Pradesh beat his students with slippers for not learning a Telugu poem. P Gandhi, who ...
- Watch 'Riverdale' star Cole Sprouse recite a creepy poem he wrote to his mother as a child
Cole Sprouse was a dark kid. Late Night With Seth Meyers/YouTube Read the original article on INSIDER. Follow INSIDER on Facebook. Copyright 2017. Follow INSIDER on Twitter.
- Poetry, History, and a "Big Picture" View of the Early Modern Ottoman Empire
What if failing to take poetry and what poetry does seriously means wedding ourselves ... politics and powerâ€¦.Amazing!" This lecture is free and open to the public.
- How do we explain the fact that militant Jihadists write poetry?
â€œNo more poetry after Auschwitzâ€ is what the German philosopher Theodor Adorno is supposed to have said. He would perhaps have been astonished at the fact that poetry is both popular and flourishing amongst the circles of militant Islamists or ...
- Free poetry reading at S&T to feature acclaimed poets
Acclaimed poets Katy Didden and Terry Kennedy will read from their works at a poetry reading to be held on the Missouri University of Science and Technology campus this month. Welcoming remarks will be given by Maxwell C. Weiner Professor, Charlotte Matthews.
- Do Not Make Me Promise - Poem by ABRAHAM AMANING
Do you promise to love me? No I do not promise to love you. Do you promise to hold me even when I turn gray? No not until you turn gray. Will that love exist even in death? No, for what has life got to do with death? Do you promise to be my knight in ...
- He did the death masks of Ninoy, FPJ
That death mask was only his second death mask after Ninoy Aquinoâ€™s. Later, he would do another, that of Fernando Poe Jr. In 2003, during the 1st Maningning Miclat Poetry Awards held at the UP Executive House, Abueva unveiled the bust he made of Maningning.
- David Biespiel And Wendy Willis On Personal Stories And American Myths
The question of promise-making is a rich one. Baer: These poems are absolutely stuffed with American mythology, from Thomas Jefferson to famous places in the American West, also wild places. What kinds of myths were inhabiting you as you worked on these?
- Urdu poet Mohammed Alvi no more
Among other prestigious awards he received during his seventy-year career was the Ghalib Award, from the Delhi-based Ghalib Academy, for his valuable contribution to Urdu poetry. He is hailed for his style of writing in his books like 'Chautha Asmaan' and ...
- Remembering The Great Poet Gwendolyn Brooks At 100
Her mother encouraged her, and helped Gwen send her poems to magazines and to the Chicago Defender, the legendary black newspaper whose anti-lynching editorials were known in black communities throughout the country. In the 1930s, she received ...
- Day 20: Richard Gadd gives us the lowdown. Andy Field and Lucy Pearman join Phil and Rhys James gives us a poem.
Catch up on the latest from the Edinburgh Festivals.
- Writing is my passion
Still I remain grounded. I write almost 8-9 hours a day. You write both prose and poetry. How difficult is it to switch from one to another? Yes! I write prose but poetry writes me. Prose writing is my first love and poetry the last love. There are many in ...
- GOPIO plans poetry recital
THE Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) (Suva) Fiji Chapter will begin its first cultural activity this year with a grand Rastriye Hasya Kavita Sammelan (International Poetry Recital Conference) to be held in the Central Division.