Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- ICYMI: Early voting starts in Orlando, the City Beautiful gets its first poet laureate and more
The City Beautiful appointed Susan Lilley as Orlando's first official poet laureate after a regional search. Lilley, a teacher at Trinity Preparatory School and an adjunct professor at Rollins College, is a recipient of the Rita Dove Poetry Award and the ...
- Ebook Online Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry For Trial
- Writer Aviya Kushner offers talk at UNC Asheville: â€œTranslating Creation â€“ Is it Possible?â€
Press release from UNC Asheville: UNC Ashevilleâ€™s Visiting Writer Series will present a talk by columnist and author Aviya Kushner at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 9 in Karpen Hall, Laurel Forum ... Williams Award from the Poetry Society of America.
- The Caterpillar Story for Children Prize
Her children's trilogy, Nine Lives, is to be published by Mercier Press, with Book 1 scheduled for summer 2015. Elizabeth has had poetry and short fiction published in journals across the UK and Ireland, and has been shortlisted for several awards for her ...
- Documenting through photography and poetry
Joy by Sasha Dugdale is published by Carcanet . Flash ... Credit: Hulton Archive /Getty Images. The Vietnam War, poetry and flash photography with Ken Burns, Sasha Dugdale & Kate Flint.
- Voice of TVâ€™s Simpsons character shares a more personal tale
That funny, snarly, little-kid voice is no put-on ... Some public speakers excel on the speech-and-debate team, she said, but she found her home performing poetry and prose for laughs. â€œI won first place in humorous interpretation,â€ she said.
- This 'A Cinderella Story' Fact Will Blow Your Mind - Bustle
BustleThis 'A Cinderella Story' Fact Will Blow Your MindBustleAccording to Teen Vogue, though, Grint was cast in the role, but turned it down because he had to start filming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Should we be grateful that the Ministry stepped in to whisk Grint back to Hogwarts? Or should we ...
- Poetry Book Illustrates Life Between Two Cultures
In the middle of the â€˜70s, author A.S. Godfrey Lubulwa left Ssanda, a small village in Uganda where he was born. He ran away from the brutality of dictator Idi Amin and sought asylum as a refugee in Australia. In â€œHalf a Refugee in Ssanda and Australia ...
- UPDATE: Earl Sweatshirt Issues Statement Regarding Father's Death
Kgositsile lived in exile in the United States from 1962 until 1975. During that time, he was amongst the first to bridge the gap between African poetry and African-American poetry. According to Pitchfork, however, Kgositsile had a strained relationship ...
- MIF 2017 - Dark Matters: Kojey Radical, Reviewed
that asideâ€¦ I picked up on Kojey Radical out of the eight dates because of his growing reputation for street poetry â€“ a man of many talents, heâ€™s equal parts poet, musician, film-maker and visual artist. His lyrics are complex, sometimes dark (as in ...
- Cole Sprouse Recites Creepy Poetry He Wrote As a Child
Cole Sprouse talks about how his Archie comics purity backfired on set, and recites a creepy poem he wrote to his mother as a child.
- Premierâ€™s 2018 Literary Awards Shortlist Revealed
The 2018 Victorian Premierâ€™s Literary Awards will put 21 writers, poets and playwrights in the running for Australiaâ€™s richest single literary prize â€“ The Victorian Prize for Literature. The shortlist includes ABC TVâ€™s Black Comedy star Nakkiah Lui ...
- Takeda scores a KO in â€˜Poetry Angelâ€™
After Tamaki loses the contest (we see an elementary school kid and his mother celebrating the childâ€™s victory as Tamaki looks on utterly crestfallen), he wanders into a recruiting session for a poetry boxing team. The eager-beaver coach (Akihiro Kakuta ...
- Walnut Gallery set to open first show in new home
The long wait is over.
- The Great Poet John Ashbery Is Dead
Ashbery adopted the pose of a really smart friend who enjoyed casually talking with you about the epistemological mysteries that have baffled humankind for centuries. He articulates this pose in one of my favorite poem of his, "A Wave:" One idea is enough ...