Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- A poet and editor is accused of plagiarism and â€œimprisoningâ€ readers â€œin a poetry theme-parkâ€
Elsewhere, he observes, â€œThe tone deafness of her prose is almost as wearying as the gush of clichÃ©s.â€ At one point, he says he feels heâ€™s been â€œimprisoned in a poetry theme-park.â€ Later, he writes: Like a high-school freshman, Bialosky ...
- Ex Emmerdale star Leah Bracknell shares moving poem as she battles cancer
She has now posted a moving poem on Facebook â€“ which Bracknell is thought to have written herself â€“ in which she mentions â€œthe painâ€ and says a â€œsky full of blessingsâ€ is headed her way. I got me a butterfly net to catch me all the love and ...
- Song, storytelling, and even some poetry come together for Christmas Presence
Dec. 19-23 | Pacific Theatre, 1440 West 12th Ave., Vancouver (also Dec. 17 at the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium in Abbotsford) Pacific Theatreâ€™s Christmas Presence has become an annual tradition. But the celebration has its origins in a time when there ...
- Southwest Youth and Family Services gala honors â€˜genuine, giving, caringâ€™ volunteers Jim Guenther & Sandy Adams
Last Saturday night, we mentioned the Southwest Youth and Family Services Night of Giving Gala â€“ including ... From one-on-one conversations with SWYFS staff about program needs to poetry readings and music performed by current participants.
- Rumpus Original Poetry: Three Poems by Eileen Gâ€™Sell
At best, life is hard. At worst, life is easy. I believe it is true. from the music at a party. We are more important than the secret, we are more practical than the secret, we are more secret than the secret, which makes us the secret. Letâ€™s say red.
- Chronicling the Lives of Two Noblemen-Poets in the Mughal Court
But mention that the occupant of this tomb is Rahim, the Rahim of Hindi poetry, and there is likely to be an immediate ... known primarily as a regent to the young Akbar after the death of Humayun. Read more
- Childhood - Poem by Claudia Moline
Granddad, walking-stick, nursery- rhyme. Fun-fair, see-saw, merry-go-round. Swimming-pool, bathing-suit, flip-flops. Homework, pancakes, pen-friend. Birthday-party, cup-cakes, French fries. Pic-nic, ladybird, forget-me-not. Fox-glove, hummingbird, butterfly.
- Bill Murray Makes A Patriotic Return To â€˜The Late Showâ€™ To Perform For Stephen Colbert And Root On The Cubs
Funny enough, the Cubs won and it happened right around the town Murray invaded the show. Later the two were joined by cellist Jan Vogler to talk about how he and Murray met and what brought about their New Worlds project, with Murray reading poetry and ...
- Anne Cluysenaar was knifed to death by her stepson Timothy Jackson in Usk
Writer Anne Cluysenaar, 78, who fled to Britain just before the outbreak of Second World War, was murdered by Timothy Jackson at her home in Usk, South Wales.
- This Teen's Bathroom-Mirror Selfie Went Viral For The Most Amazing Reason
She'd found herself in a gender-neutral bathroom at a poetry slam and decided to take advantage of the facility's inclusiveness. More and more people huddled in for the camera so that each photo included an additional person. "Personally, I think gender ...
- Mir Taqi Mir: The Poet of Love, Romance and Tragedy
He is in the league of four poets- Mir Anees, Mir Taqi Mir, Mirza Ghalib and Iqbal- who are considered pioneers of Urdu poetry. Although, we see a lot of literature/criticism on Ghalib and which is the reason why we often come across Ghalibâ€™s poetry but ...
- Poetry collections
Parker, whose first book won the Gatewood Prize, is as self-assured as the women who appear in these pages, including Queen Latifah, Nikki Giovanni and Michelle Obama. Cultural references, old songs and classic poems spark observations about feminism ...
- Their friendship: Pure poetry
In the well-appointed drawing room of an Evanston retirement home one recent afternoon, Rev. Philip Blackwell sat beside his former teacher George Ariffe, poring over volumes of poetry that were dog-eared, creased and yellowed by the passing of time.
- A study of Metrical Writing, Part 1: Introduction.
Why would anyone do that? For poets, it gives their poems a music-like quality. For Prose, some Authors employ the device when they write dialogue in order to give a character's speech a type of Rhythm in order to reveal subtext. My favorite example of ...
- Artists commemorate Great Migration to Philadelphia in new AAMP exhibit
To commemorate the impact of five Philly institutions on the Great Migration, the African American Museum in Philadelphia partnered with Scribe Video Center to present "Tone Poems & Light Stories: The Great Migration." The new exhibit will open Thursday ...