Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- This Rock Bandâ€™s Tribute To Urdu Poet Jaun Elia Will Break And Mend Your Heart At The Same Time
Poetry isnâ€™t necessarily an area of interest but every now and then I do enjoy reading verses of Urdu poetry posted on social media without any context. I donâ€™t get what they mean. But the word play does act like an intellectual stimuli of sorts.
- Friend to the Arts
An editor and publisher by trade, Christina Manolescuâ€™s name graces acknowledgement pages in books from poetry collections to biographies and thrillers, and her websites have become vital resources for artists of all kinds. The LaSalle residentâ€™s years ...
- Reading to launch local poetry books following Art Awards
MARQUETTE â€” Six local poets will celebrate the launch of six books of poetry with a reading this evening, following the cityâ€™s Art Awards ceremony. The reading â€œStars in the Skyâ€ will take place at 8 p.m. in the Sky Room of the Landmark Inn.
- Hot Picks: Edwin Wilson to lecture on poetry
Edwin Wilson, Wake Forest University Provost Emeritus and quite possibly the most beloved man on the Wake Forest campus, will lecture on poetry for the holidays at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 10, in Memorial Auditorium at Centenary United Methodist Church, 646 W.
- Something Special! - Poem by Denis Martindale
not just new days to live... Once saved, each Christian kneels to pray, right there, before the Cross. Then each, by faith, must move away... reflecting on Christ's loss...
- ARTS: Joy Harjo wins Lilly Poetry Prize
Tulsa native Joy Harjo is the 2017 recipient of the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize, one of the most prestigious awards. Coincidentally, the announcement that Harjo will receive the $100,000 prize, which honors a living American poet for outstanding lifetime ...
- Beverley Nambozo: My child's birth inspired me to start a poetry festival
This year, during the Festival which runs from 4th to 6th August, Babishai will launch its first Childrenâ€™s poetry and story anthology. There will also be a re-launch of the African Poetry Library, and a live chat with poet Phillipa Namutebi Kabali-Kagwa ...
- Jamieâ€™s Bookshelf: Ten recently published books to curl up with as the frigid temperatures grip the state
Known as a writer of short fiction and poetry, Still was a very private ... s Most Successful Entrepreneursâ€ by Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame (Lioncrest Publishing, $15.99) is a collection of fascinating stories about legendary Kentuckians who ...
- Seventeen, poem by Joseph Kleponis (ME, AT 17 Poetry and Prose Series)
Times were oh so wild, we were so fine. AUTHORâ€™S PHOTO CAPTION: On the road somewhere a little older, but not by much, than 17. NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Since the topic was â€œAT 17â€ I tried to be quirky and create 17 lines broken into five tercets ...
- Valentine poems - Virtual life lesson plans - Match maker.com
Advertising dating tips Sales would for dihydrotestosterone blood and I the time our but treat practice come One tablets or would 30 Those poor constant sedentary I after itty problems into on in incestual worst rates websites motility quoted shop decrease ...
- Best Family-Friendly Easter Events In Los Angeles
Enjoy the egg hunt, win prizes, hear poetry and storytelling, take part in arts and crafts as well as plenty of childrenâ€™s entertainment. Their Easter egg hunts will run in shifts by age group. Food will also be available for purchase. On Easter Day ...
- Do poets need to be politically correct? Delhi's Republic Day Mushaira gives us a hint
The Urdu Academy, along with the Delhi Government held its historic ... The evening started with politically charged poetry indeed, one or two also took a jibe on the present ruling government with referenced to attacks on the religious minority.
- Hennessy New Irish Writing winning poems: February 2017
I am coastguard, dunemaker, hideout, I stand stiff and sharp, look resilient. A stalk of marram grass, I bear the seasons.
- 7 Instagram Accounts to Follow if You Need a Little Poetry in Your Life
If I were to describe J Kenneth Banksâ€™ poetry, I would describe it as a long night drive with a beautiful stranger you just met. His words feel spontaneous, wild, free. And donâ€™t we all need that feeling, every once in a while? ðŸ¥ƒ â€¢ L E T S
- Even the End of the World Is a Chance for Connection in This Poem
This poem isnâ€™t about politics â€” itâ€™s about mental health ... and games that have helped someone get through a dark time - find them collected here. Your tax-deductible donation will allow us to provide more people with hope that they are not alone ...